Recipe: Swiss soufflé-style dumplings with strawberry sauce
1 portion contains approximately: 164 kcal - 11 g protein - 4 g fat - 21 g carbohydrate
Ingredients (for 2 persons)
- 300 g strawberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 250 ml low-fat milk (for the dumplings)
- 100 ml low-fat milk (for the sauce)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp powdered vanilla pudding mix
- Rinse the strawberries under cold water and pat dry. Remove the stems and purée the berries with the lemon juice.
- Whip the egg whites into stiff peaks and sweeten with agave nectar.
- Bring the milk to a boil. Use 2 teaspoons to scoop out balls of whipped egg whites – these will become the dumplings – and drop them into the simmering milk to cook for 6 minutes.
- To prepare the vanilla sauce, stir the powdered pudding into a small amount of cold milk. Bring the rest of the milk to a boil with the vanilla extract, then stir in the powdered pudding, bring to the boil again and then let cool.
- Divide the strawberry sauce between two plates. Place the egg-white dumplings in the middle of the sauce and drop a dab of vanilla sauce next to the dumplings.