Recipe: Shepherds pie with sweet potato topping
1 portion contains approximately: 391 kcal - 26 g proteins - 15 g fat - 38 g carbohydrates
Ingredients (for 2 persons)
- 250g minced lamb (reduced-fat)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ cup of chopped mushrooms
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- Sweet potato topping:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Chop the carrot, onion, pepper, mushrooms and garlic.
- Add the minced lamb to a frying pan or skillet (no need to add oil). When the lamb starts to brown add the vegetables.
- Cook on medium heat until the vegetables are soft. Begin making the potato topping while the meat filling cooks.
- Chop the sweet potato into cubes, then steam or boil. Once the potatoes are soft add the butter and seasonings and mash until smooth.
- In the meantime, stir in tomato paste, vegetable stock, seasonings, salt and pepper to the meat filling.
- Final step: transfer the meat filling to a casserole dish and top the meat filling with the sweet potato mash. Dash with sea salt and chilli powder.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve with seasonable vegetables.