Recipe: Lamb fillet with sliced pumpkin and courgette puree
1 portion contains approximately: 392 kcal - 38 g protein - 16 g fat - 24 g carbohydrates
Ingredients (for 2 persons)
- 2 filets of lamb or lamb medallions (150 g each)
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- ½ tbsp rosemary leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 400 g butternut squash (or pumpkin)
- 1 tsp red peppercorns
- 100 g peeled potatoes
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 400 g courgettes
- Salt, Pepper
- Rinse the lamb fillets, pat dry and place in a deep dish.
- Stir the peppercorns into the oil. Chop and add the rosemary leaves.
- Peel the garlic, mince and add to the oil.
- Stir the mixture, cover the meat with it and let it marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Peel and dice the potatoes; wash and dice the courgettes.
- Add vegetable stock to a saucepan.
- Add the diced potatoes and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the diced courgettes, season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for another 8–10 minutes.
- Drain off the leftover vegetable stock and purée the courgettes and potatoes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and ground nutmeg and keep warm.
- Wash and peel the squash (or pumpkin), remove the seeds and cut into slices.
- Season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a pan and add the red peppercorns before slowly sautéing the slices of squash (or pumpkin) on both sides for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Add some of the marinade from the lamb to a pan, heat and sear the fillets on both sides for about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to an oven-proof baking dish and continue to cook for about 8–10 minutes in the oven. Then let it rest briefly.
- Arrange the lamb fillets, squash (or pumpkin) and courgette purée on two warmed plates and serve.