Recipe: Irish Stew
1 portion contains approximately: 323 kcal - 31 g protein - 11 g fat - 25 g carbohydrate
Ingredients (for 2 persons)
- 240 g lamb, from the shoulder
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 40 g onions
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 150 g carrots
- 250 g green beans
- 100 g white cabbage
- 100 g potatoes
- tsp caraway
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Rinse the meat under cold water, pat dry, and cut into 2-cm cubes.
- Sear in the oil. Peel and dice the onion, then add to the pot and continue to cook. Pour in half of the vegetable stock, let simmer.
- In the meantime, wash and clean the vegetables before cutting them into slices.
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Now add the vegetables and potatoes to the pot and stir well.
- Add the caraway, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Pour in the rest of the vegetable stock.
- Cover and simmer for 30–40 minutes over low heat.
- Fill 2 bowls. Garnish with the chopped parsley and serve.