Recipe: Cod in a tarragon sauce with golden potato pancakes
1 portion contains approximately: 470 kcal - 51 g protein - 14 g fat - 35 g carbohydrate
Ingredients (for 2 persons)
- 40 g shallots
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 100 ml low-fat milk
- 400 g filet of cod
- 300 g Brussels sprouts
- 200 g carrots
- 200 g potatoes
- 40 g onions
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil for baking
- Black pepper
- Peel and mince the shallots; sauté them in the butter until translucent.
- Coat with the flour, pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the milk and simmer briefly.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add lemon juice to taste.
- Wash the tarragon, pat dry, mince and add to the mixture.
- Add the cod and let it cook in the sauce for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash and clean the vegetables.
- Trim the stems off the brussels sprouts and cook in lightly salted water until firm to the bite. Let cool, cut each one in half and then slice into strips.
- Peel and grate the potatoes, carrots, and onion. Add an egg and stir.
- Combine everything and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan. Form pancakes out of the vegetable mixture, add them to pan, and flatten them slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Fry on both sides until golden.
- Remove the fish from the sauce and arrange on two plates.
- Serve with the pancakes and drizzle the tarragon sauce over the fish.