Recipe: Chicken Tikka
1 portion contains approximately: 475 kcal - 40 g protein - 11 g fat - 54 g carbohydrates
Ingredients (for 2 persons)
- 250 g chicken breast
- 100 g low-fat yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground paprika (sweet)
- 90 g brown rice
- 1 tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp each of coriander, fennel and mustard seeds
- 180 ml vegetable stock
- 40 g onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 600 g red peppers, yellow peppers (each 300g)
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- 120 g tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tandoori paste
- 100 ml tomato juice
- 100 ml low-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- Salt, Pepper
- Make a marinade with the yogurt, lemon juice and spices (curry powder, garam masala, paprika).
- Cut the chicken into pieces of approximately 1 cm and marinate in the yogurt mix for about 2 hours (covered and refrigerated).
- To prepare the rice, heat 1 tsp rapeseed oil in a pan, add the seeds and cook them until fragrant. Add the rice and vegetable stock, let simmer.
- Peel and mince the onion and garlic.
- Dice the peppers and tomatoes.
- Heat 1 tbsp rapeseed oil in a deep pan and sauté the onions until translucent. Add the tandoori paste, garlic and peppers; sauté briefly.
- Fold in the marinated chicken including the yogurt marinade and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato juice, and herbs, top off with coconut milk and simmer for 5 more minutes over low heat.
- Arrange the chicken tikka and the rice and serve.