Recipe: Chicken and leek pie
1 portion contains approximately: 374 kcal - 45 g protein - 14 g fat - 17 g carbohydrates
Ingredients (for 2 persons)
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 1 leek
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 75 g small button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 50 g low-fat natural greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- 2 filo pastry sheets
- 1 medium egg
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Put the chicken thighs, bay leaves, chopped onion and stock in a pan. Bring the stock to a simmer and poach the chicken for 10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and chop into pieces. Reserve the stock.
- Meanwhile, chop the leek. Add the leek to 200ml water in a deep frying pan and cook for 5 minutes, until the water has evaporated.
- Add the oil to the pan and gently fry the thyme and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, then gradually add the vegetable stock and simmer for 7-8 minutes, until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken, yogurt and mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the bay leaves and pour into an ovenproof dish.
- Brush both sides of the filo pastry sheets with egg and layer on top of the filling, scrunching the top layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the filling is cooked through.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables.