Recipe: Braised beef with root vegetables
1 portion contains approximately: 432 kcal - 44 g protein - 16 g fat - 28 g carbohydrates
Ingredients (for 2 persons)
- 350 g lean beef (intended for braising)
- 160 g onions
- 150 g celeriac
- 1 clove of garlic
- 200 g carrots
- 125 g leek
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Caraway seeds
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread
- Dice the beef and cut the onions, celeriac, carrots, and leek into small pieces.
- Mince the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot, sauté the meat with the onions.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper, add the tomato paste, and deglaze with a 150ml stock.
- Add the rest of the stock and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Add the rest of the vegetables except for the leek and simmer for a further 30 minutes.
- Once the meat is tender, add the leek, herbs and spices and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Season to taste with cinnamon.
- Serve with 1 slice of wholegrain bread.