Vegetarian dishes for weight loss: Root Vegetables with Red PestoRoot Vegetables with Red Pesto
1 large parsnip 2 large carrots approx. 500 ml vegetable stock 1 tbsp oil 1 green chilli pepper 1 red chilli pepper 1 garlic cloves 3 sage leaves 150 g cherry tomatoes freshly ground black pepper salt 50 g dried tomatoes 15 g pine nuts 1 garlic cloves 3 - 4 tbsp olive oil35 min 1 portion contains about 410 kcal
- Heat the vegetable stock.
- Wash, clean and peel the carrots and parsnip.
- Cut the vegetables into “ribbons”, for instance using a vegetable peeler.
- Cook in the simmering vegetable stock for approx. 4 - 5 minutes until al dente.
- Remove using a slotted spoon and drain.
- Wash and clean the cherry tomatoes and set to one side.
- Wash and clean the chilli peppers and slice finely.
- Peel the garlic and also finely slice.
- Wash and pat dry the sage leaves.
- Heat the chilli, garlic and sage gently in the oil to flavour the oil.
- In the meantime, prepare the pesto: puree the dried tomatoes, garlic and pine nuts.
- Gradually add the olive oil.
- You only need to add enough olive oil to create a creamy mixture.
- Now returning to the flavoured oil, increase the heat, add the vegetable ribbons and cherry tomatoes and fry for a few minutes.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Keep tossing the vegetables in the pan to ensure that the flavoured oil is mixed in thoroughly.
- When the tomatoes lightly burst, the vegetable “pasta” is ready.
- Arrange on 2 plates and serve with 1 tbsp each of red pesto.