Vegetarian dishes for weight loss: Maroccan Vegetable StewMaroccan Vegetable Stew
2 tbsp rapeseed oil 2 cm ginger 2 garlic cloves 2 cardamom pods 1 pinch turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 1 pinch cinnamon 1 pinch cumin, ground 1 pinch coriander, ground 1 pinch cayenne pepper 1 pinch salt 1 tbsp lemon juice 100 ml vegetable stock 200 g red kuri squash 200 g carrots 200 g kohlrabi 300 g Jerusalem artichoke 1 leek 1 tsp raisins 1/4 bunch flat leaf parsley 1/4 bunch fresh coriander50 min 1 portion contains about 240 kcal
- Firstly, make an “aromatic oil”.
- To do this, place the oil in a small pan or frying pan and warm up gently.
- Peel the ginger and garlic, grate the ginger into the oil and crush the garlic into the oil.
- Place the cardamom pods into the oil and lightly press.
- Mix all the other spices and seasoning into the oil.
- Heat the aromatic oil.
- Add the lemon juice and the vegetable stock, then let everything simmer for a little longer.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan oven 180 °C).
- Wash and clean the squash, Jerusalem artichoke and other vegetables.
- Peel the carrots, kohlrabi and Jerusalem artichoke and cut up into bite-size pieces.
- Half the leek and cut up into pieces which are approx. 2 cm in length.
- Mix this all together and place in a tagine or “Römertopf” (clay cooking pot).
- Mix the raisins into the aromatic oil/lemon juice and stock mixture and pour this over the vegetables in the ovenproof dish, cover with the lid and cook in the oven for approx. 30 minutes.
- Wash the herbs and pat them dry, pluck the leaves from the stems, chop and sprinkle over the vegetables before serving.