Vegetarian dishes for weight loss: Chard Gratin with Pumpkin GnocchiChard Gratin with Pumpkin Gnocchi
4 spring onions 2 garlic cloves 2 cm ginger root 1 tbsp rapeseed oil 300 g chard 1 shallot 1 tbsp butter 3 tbsp soya flour 250 ml vegetable stock 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated50 min 1 portion contains about 350 kcal
250 g red kuri squash 100 g potatoes 1 large or 2 small eggs pepper salt nutmeg
- Wash and clean the spring onions, then cut into rings.
- Peel and finely dice the garlic and ginger.
- Fry all these ingredients gently in rapeseed oil until translucent.
- Wash and clean the chard, cut into strips and fry with the spring onions, garlic and ginger until it has some colour.
- Place all of these ingredients into a greased ovenproof dish.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan oven 180°C).
- Peel and finely dice the shallot and fry gently in the butter until translucent.
- Stir in the soya flour and add the vegetable stock.
- Mix it all together thoroughly so that there are no lumps.
- Stir in the Parmesan.
- Pour the Parmesan sauce over the chard mixture in the ovenproof dish.
- Place the ovenproof dish in the oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes at 180°C.
- To make the gnocchi, peel the squash, remove the seeds and cut into cubes.
- Wash, peel and dice the potatoes.
- Cook both these ingredients in salted water and allow to cool.
- Then using a potato ricer, press into a bowl and mix with the egg, pepper, salt and nutmeg.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface to form ropes.
- Then cut these up into individual gnocchi with a length of about 2 cm.
- Place in simmering salted water.
- Cook for 4 minutes, remove using a slotted spoon, drain and serve with the chard gratin.