Vegetarian dishes for weight loss: Celeriac in Breadcrumbs with Tomato Sauce and Lamb's LettuceCeleriac in Breadcrumbs with Tomato Sauce and Lamb's Lettuce
400 g celeriac 300 ml vegetable stock 1 tbsp flour 3 tbsp breadcrumbs 4 tbsp Parmesan 2 pinches chilli 1 tbsp parsley 2 eggs 2 tbsp oil 2 slices of lemon 200 g lamb's lettuce 1 tbsp strong mustard 2 tbsp vinegar 1 tbsp stock 1 tbsp walnur oil 4 walnut halves salt freshly ground black pepper40 min 1 portion contains about 420 kcal
- Peel the celeriac and cut into slices with a thickness of approx. 1 cm, then blanch in boiling vegetable stock until al dente.
- Remove from the stock, drain and leave to cool for a while.
- Sprinkle the flour on a flat plate.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and chilli together.
- Wash and pat dry the parsley, then chop and mix in.
- Whisk the eggs, then season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the celeriac first in the flour, then in the egg and then coat in the Parmesan and breadcrumbs mixture.
- Then fry in hot oil until golden brown and place on a piece of kitchen roll to drain.
- Thoroughly wash and dry the lamb’s lettuce, then arrange on 2 plates.
- Mix together the mustard, seasoning, vinegar and vegetable stock, whisk in the oil.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and garnish with the walnut halves.
- Arrange the breadcrumbed celeriac also on the plates, with 3 tbsp of tomato sauce on each plate and garnish the celeriac with a slice of lemon.
1 shallot 2 garlic cloves 1 tbsp rapeseed oil 150 g ripe tomatoes 1 small tin of peeled tomatoes salt pepper 1 pinch sugar 4 stems of basil30 min 1 portion contains about 64 kcal and 0 BE
- Peel and finely dice the shallots and garlic, then gently fry in the oil until translucent.
- Wash the tomatoes, briefly scald them, remove the skins, dice and place in the pan together with the tinned tomatoes and continue to cook gently.
- Wash the basil and pat dry, finely chop and add.
- Season with salt and pepper and add sugar to taste.
- Simmer the tomato sauce for approx. 20 minutes on a very low heat.
- Then puree with a hand blender.
- Check the seasoning once again and adjust if necessary.