Soup for weight loss: Minestrone with meat dumplingsMinestrone with meat dumplings
1 large carrot 2 sticks of celery 100 g parsnip 100 g Jerusalem artichoke 100 g red kurz squash 100 g potatoes 2 tomoatoes 2 tbsp rapeseed oil 350 ml vegetable stock nutmeg pepper salt 1/2 tbsp herbs 1/4 litre vegetable stock 100 g turkey breast 1 tbsp cold water pepper salt 1/4 bunch chives 1 tbsp basil and thyme1 portion contains about 320 kcal and 1 BE
- Place the turkey breast in a freezer bag in the freezer compartment of the fridge to chill for a short time whilst you are preparing the soup.
- To make the soup, wash and clean the vegetables.
- Peel the carrots, parsnip and Jerusalem artichoke and, together with the unpeeled squash, chop into cubes of the same size.
- Cut the celery into slices with a thickness of 1⁄2 cm.
- Cut a cross into the top of the tomatoes, scald them in hot water, plunge into cold water, peel, cut each tomato into 8 pieces and remove the seeds.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a pan, gently fry the vegetables in the oil, add the vegetable stock and bring briefly to the boil.
- Add the herbs, cover with the lid and simmer for approx. 5 - 8 minutes over a low heat.
- Wash the fresh seasonal herbs, pat them dry, chop and set to one side for garnish.
- To make the dumplings, bring the vegetable stock to the boil.
- Then switch off the heat.
- Remove the turkey breast from the freezer compartment, puree using a hand blender together with the tablespoon of water.
- Wash the herbs and shake a little to dry, chop very finely and add to the turkey mixture.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Shape the mixture into dumplings using a teaspoon, add to the vegetable stock and simmer for 4 minutes or until cooked.
- Divide the minestrone into 2 bowls, add the meat dumplings, sprinkle with seasonal herbs and serve.