Soup for weight loss: Curried Squash Soup with Butterfly PrawnsCurried Squash Soup with Butterfly Prawns
200 g butternut squash or similar 75 g carrots 75 g potato 1 small onion 1 clove of garlic ½” ginger root 1 small chilli pepper 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 teaspoon curry powder 150 ml vegetable stock 200 ml milk, 1,5 % fat content 50 ml coconut milk freshly ground black pepper salt 2 tablespoon yogurt, 1,5 % fat content 2 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped1 portion contains about 280 kcal and 0,4 BE
- Wash the squash and cut into cubes, remove seeds.
- Wash the chilli pepper, remove stem, cut in half lengthways and remove the seeds; cut into fine rings.
- Wash the carrots, peel and cube.
- Peel and cube potato, onion, ginger and garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the curry and brown briefly.
- Then put in all the other vegetables, and stir fry to get them well coated with the mixture and browned.
- Add the vegetable stock, milk and the coconut milk; simmer on a moderate heat for 20 minutes. Finally, purée the soup and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup in warmed bowls, floating 1 tablespoon of yogurt in the middle and garnish with parsley.