Meat dishes to lose weight: Braised Beef with Root VegetablesBraised Beef with Root Vegetables
350 g lean beaf for braising 4 onions 1/4 celeriac 1 garlic clove 1 carrot 1 leek 1/2 l vegetable stock 2 tbsp tomato puree 200 ml red wine 2 tsp rapeseed oil caraway seeds cinnamon marjoram parsley salt pepper1 portion contains about 450 kcal and 2 BE
- Dice the beef, cut up the onions, celeriac, carrots and leek into small pieces.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, brown the meat, add the onions and brown.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper, add the tomato puree and half of the wine.
- Add the stock and the rest of the red wine, then simmer for approx. 1 hour.
- Add the rest of the vegetables except the leek and simmer for a further 30 minutes.
- When the meat is tender add the leek, herbs and remaining seasonings (except cinnamon) and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with cinnamon.
- Serve with: 2 slices of wholemeal toast.