Diet and Immune Health
There's no greater time to focus on your health and wellbeing than today! During this period of concern, consuming a healthy, nutritionally balanced diet is of the utmost importance in helping to protect and strengthen your immune system.
When it comes to overall immunity, ensuring your gut remains healthy is vital. The gut is responsible for protecting against infection, supporting metabolism, promoting healthy digestion and assisting in the absorption of essential nutrients. Any imbalances in gut bacteria can adversely affect immune responses and result in chronic inflammation and impaired wellbeing, increasing the susceptibility to viruses. As such, fuelling your body with the correct gut-friendly foods can improve your body's immunity. Foods such as those rich in probiotics and prebiotics, benefit digestive health and in turn, your general wellbeing. In addition to gut-friendly foods, incorporating the following tips into your diet can improve overall health today and longer-term.
- Increase your intake of fruit and vegetables. The more varied the better! Opt for brightly coloured fruits and vegetables to increase your intake of antioxidants, phytochemicals and essential vitamins and minerals.
- Increase your intake of fibre. Ensure that you choose wholegrain carbohydrates (brown rice, rye, oats, wholegrain pasta and bread) as opposed to white refined carbohydrates.
- Reduce salt intake. Avoid processed foods and ready-made meals.
- Include healthy fats such as fish, avocado, seeds, nuts and essential oils such as flaxseed, olive, walnut or rapeseed.
- Avoid high fat and sugary foods such as confectionery goods, pastries, sugary cereals and cakes.
- Incorporate gut-friendly fermented foods such as kefir, kombucha, live yogurt, oats, artichokes, garlic and chicory root.
- Remain hydrated with water, unsweetened beverages, herbal, fruit or green teas.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
How Does Almased Boost Your Immunity?
Almased, Germany's No.1* meal replacement is natural, nourishing and full of essential nutrients to support weight loss, weight maintenance and improve overall health.
It's fermented blend of soya, yogurt and enzyme-rich honey combine synergistically to provide an array of important nutrients, enzymes, essential amino acids, bioactive peptides and phytochemicals which can supply your body with optimum nutrition. In addition to the high-quality ingredients, Almased is also fortified with vitamins A and C and minerals such as zinc and selenium, all of which support a healthy immune system1.
Almased contains prebiotics in the form of enzyme-rich honey and probiotics, derived from our premium skimmed milk yogurt powder. This combination of prebiotics and probiotics within Almased can ensure a healthy gut, aid better digestion and support overall immune function.
Throughout the Almased programme, your body will receive superior levels of nutrition to enable you to feel your best, whether losing weight or maintaining a healthy diet.
Purchase Almased today to invest in your diet and immune health!
*Euromonitor International (2019). 1. Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Zinc and Selenium all contribute to the normal function of the immune system.
23. March 2020