Vegetarian dishes for weight loss: Oriental Lentils and Vegetables with Ginger and Yoghurt SauceOriental Lentils and Vegetables with Ginger and Yoghurt Sauce
80 g red lentils 1 onion 1 tbsp rapeseed oil 160 - 200 ml vegetable stock 600 g fresh seasonal vegetables (e.g. courgettes, leeks, carrots, peppers, kohlrabi, celery) 2 crushed or finely chopped garlic cloves 1 tbsp rapeseed oil 1 tsp curry powder 1 pinch each of turmeric, cumin and ground coriander 200 ml vegetable stock black pepper 150 g natural yoghurt (1.5% fat) 2 tbsp sour cream (10% fat) salt 2 cm ginger 2 stems of lemon balm 1/2 bunch parsley35 min 1 portion contains about 365 kcal
- Peel and dice the onion, fry gently in the oil until translucent, sort through the lentils and then add to the onions.
- Mix it all together and add the vegetable stock, then simmer for approx. 15 minutes.
- Stir from time to time.
- As soon as the lentils are cooked, drain and reserve the cooking stock (if there is any left).
- Wash, clean and dice the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the curry powder and fry briefly, add the vegetables and brown.
- Peel the garlic cloves, crush or finely chop them and add.
- Season to taste with the rest of the spices and then add the vegetable stock.
- Cook gently for a short time.
- If necessary, add some salt to taste.
- To prepare the yoghurt sauce, mix together the yoghurt and sour cream, then season with salt.
- Peel and crush the ginger or finely chop and stir in.
- Wash lemon balm, dab dry, then chop finely and then also mix in.
- Carefully stir the lentils and the vegetable mixture together, arrange on 2 plates and serve.
- Wash the parsley and pat dry, chop and sprinkle over the lentil and vegetable mixture.
- Serve with the ginger and yoghurt sauce.